Nov 12, 2008

Speech of "Kichigai Matsuri"

Hello, everyone! I’m Miyu. We will talk about two “Kichigi “matsyri”. First, Yuu and I will tell you about “Kichigai Matsuri” in Japan. next、Daichi and Mayuko will tell you about it “Kichigai Matsyri” in Belgium and Texas.

Japanese “kIchigai Matstri” is held in Otsu city in Shiga in October. In fact, this festival is called “Nogamisai” by local people. Why do they hold this festival? It was in Kamakura era, there were Nitta Yoshisada and his wife. He was a commander. When his wife heard his death, she went mad and died after him. People think, “Let’s to the memory of her and imitate to be crazy like her!”, so they started to held this festival.

1 comment:

rinka said...

I heard the festival first time on your presentation. I like "Kichigai", so I wat to
join the festival some day!